Women’s Spaces Radio Show with guests Jude Thilman on Using Medical Cannabis and Leslie Graves and Toni Bodenhamer on 30 Years of Santa Rosa Downtown Market, recorded on 5/21/18, has been uploaded to the web archives. The show was recorded, broadcast and streamed over Radio KBBF 89.1 FM in the NorthBay on Monday 5/21/18 and repeat broadcast and streamed over Radio KPCA 103.3 FM in Petaluma on Tuesday 5/22/18.
The link to the show’s archive webpage is
1. Jude Thilman , Founder and Executive Director, Creative Change Productions
2. Leslie Graves, Market and Event Manager, Wednesday Night Market in Downtown Santa Rosa
3. Toni Bodenhamer, Nonprofit and Event Consultant, Toni Bodenhamer & Co.
1. Jude Thilman offers a herbal and wholistic narrative to the use of medical cannabis. Jude shares her 5 steps to choosing the types of cannabis medicine, the ingestion method, the dosage and duration of use, according the individual’s particular circumstances and medical history. Jude Thilman speaks this evening in Sebastopol at SOCOHA on Cannabis is Medicine: Changing the Narrative with Education.
About our Guest: Jude Thilman is a medical cannabis educator and entrepreneur, offering public presentations throughout California and counseling individuals in the art and science of choosing and using cannabis medicines. Her education work takes place through her 501(c)3, Creative Change Productions, founded in 2002 (cchange.org). She is the founder and director of Dragonfly Wellness Center (dragonflywellness.org) which opened in 2011 with the mission of providing cannabis medical herbs in the context of a range of holistic healing practices. She is also Director of Education for True Farma Collective (truefarma.com), and she hosts a biweekly television program, “Cannabis News & Views™ (seen on mendocinotv.com). . She brings 30 years’ experience in the management of complex, multi-dimensional projects and in the production of educational media, for which she has received national awards. Jude brings a life-long commitment to social change and has been an activist on behalf of many causes, She strongly believes in health care as a human right and and She serves on the Board of the Mendocino Cannabis Industry Association and works with the Mendocino Appellations Project. She led in the writing of, and campaign to pass, Measure AF, the effort to end cannabis prohibition in Mendocino County in 2016.
Guest Links: Creative Change Productions www.cchange.org/
2. Leslie Graves and 3. Toni Bodenhamer share the history of the Wednesday Night Market in downtown Santa Rosa, beginning when Toni Bodenhamer was hired by the Santa Rosa Chamber of Commerce to start the Thursday Night Market, which she then managed for 3 years.Leslie Graves is the newest manager of the now Wednesday Night Markete since 2016, bringing local farmers and artisans together with the community. This year marks the 30th anniversary of this Farmers Market in Santa Rosa which is enjoying the new unified plaza downtown as its venue.
Event Link: www.wednesdaynightmarket.org
About our Guest: Leslie Graves got her first taste of coordinating local events while with the Sonoma County Family YMCA when she took a role of planning the Harvest Fair 10K/3K Run in 1996 and then moved onto managing events at other non-profits and corporate retailers in the field of Marketing. Currently she has been the Market and Event Manager for the Wednesday Night Market in Downtown Santa Rosa since coming on board in 2016. Mixing a background of Health/Fitness, Marketing and Community Development, Leslie is always up for helping to make a positive impact by bringing people together to celebrate community whether planning a local special event or an adding surprise element of fun to the Wednesday Night Market and in her spare time she adds her voice to a bevy of local events as the emcee around Sonoma County.
Guest Link: www.wednesdaynightmarket.org
About our Guest: Toni Bodenhamer has been an independent contractor for over 35 years providing project and event management, marketing, and fundraising services to nonprofits mostly in Sonoma County. She is the founding coordinator of the then Thursday Night Market, now Santa Rosa Downtown Wednesday Night Market, and managed the Market for three years. She was also the founding manager for Red, White & Boom! Santa Rosa’s Fourth of July Celebration at the Fairgrounds, managed the revival of Santa Rosa’s Luther Burbank Rose Parade in 1992, managed the Butter & Egg Days Parade and coordinated volunteers for Kendall-Jackson’s Heirloom Tomato Festival. Currently Toni is semi-retired to teaching and consulting with nonprofits, events, and businesses working in sponsorship.
Guest Link: http://tonibodenhamer.com/
Vote by June 5, 2018
League of Women Voters Event Link: http://lwvsonoma.org/calendar.html
We will also provide links on the 2018 Political Candidates page.
On Monday 5/21, 6:30-8pm: Cannabis is Medicine: Changing the Narrative with Education, with Jude Thilman. Hosted by Sonoma County Healing Academy (SoCoHA), 5741 Sebastopol Ave., Sebastopol, CA (707) 799-8080
On Saturday, June 2 from 1-5pm, Andy’s Unity Park Dedication Community Celebration. 3399 Moorland Ave, Santa Rosa
The Opening and Closing Theme song is with permission of the Composer and Singer Alix Dobkin: The Woman in Your Life is You by Alix Dobkin from the album Living with Lavender Jane (Women’s Wax Works) – www.alixdobkin.com
Heal The World sung by Connie Talbot from the Album: Beautiful World (2014 Evolution Media LTD)
Get Together sung by Ann Wilson from the ablum Hope and Glory (2007 Rounder Records distributed by Concord Music Group, Inc.)