Women’s Spaces Radio Show on KBBF-FM 89.1 with host Elaine B. Holtz and guests Susan Lamont on Police Brutality Coalition, June Brashares and Laura Wells on the Green Party CA and Sonoma County, broadcast on 5/29/17, has been uploaded to the web archives.
Announcements and Commentary
Police Brutality Coalition – Sonoma County
Green Party – CA and Sonoma County
1. Susan Lamont, Co-Founder, Police Brutality Coalition – Sonoma County; Elected Green Party County Councilmember
2. June Brashares, Elected Green Party County Councilmember
3. Laura Wells, California Green Party Member, former Green Party Nominee for State Controller and for Governor of California
1. Susan Lamont talks about the Poilice Brutality Coalition in Sonoma County and their support of an investigation independent of the Sheriff Department in the recent taser killing by Rohnert Park Police of Branch Wroth at the Budget Inn. Branch’s parents, who are seeking answers. recently settled a lawsuit over the police brutally tasering another son Esa Wroth 23 times while bookiung him on a DUI arrest in the Sonoma County Jail run by the Sheriff. Susan also is on the Green Party Council and will join our next guest on talking about the Green Party.
About our First Guest: Susan Lamon is a regular guest and a political activist. She co-authored a petition to the Board of Supervisors of Sonoma County and to the city councils in the county titled: It Won’t Happen Here – Sonoma County Resistance to the Trump Agenda. The Police Brutality Coalition was founded becauses of the increasing incidents in the county by those brought together by Sheriff deputy killing of 13-year old Andy Lopez four years ago. Andy Lopez’s classmates are graduating this year from high school.
Guest Links: Police Brutality Coalition fb page
News Link on Branch Wroth: http://abc7news.com/news/family-demands-answers-after-man-tased-by-rohnert-park-police-dies/1998150/
2. June Brashares talks about the local emphasis of the Greens in Sonoma County. The Green Party of Sonoma County supports Yes on Mesaure C (Rent Control) ion the ballot for the City of Santa Rosa, and June talks about the spending disparity of 8 to 1 against the Measure by outside money forces. Will the many glossy Mailers urgin a No vote “by those that know” win over the volunteer efforts of knocking on neighbors’ doors?
About our Second Guest: June Brashsares was the Green Energy Director of Global Exchange in San Francisco before moving to Sonoma County. June has been acitive clean energy advocacy.
Guest Link: http://sonomagreenparty.org/
Guest LinkedIn Page
About our Second Guest: Laura Wells has run as the Green Party’s nominee for the State Controller and for the Governor of Califorina
Guest Link: https://laurawells.org/
For What It’s Worth Miriam Makeba
from her Album: Keep Me In Mind (Rhino/Warner Bros)
We Are The Women by Betsy Rose
from the Album: Welcome to the Circle (Paper Crane Paper)