Women’s Space Radio Show with our guests’ review of 2018 and Hope for 2019: Adrienne Laube on Homeless Action, Laura Wells on her Green Party challenge and Caitlin Quinn on her Petaluma School Board election victory, recorded on 12/31/18, has been uploaded to the web archives. The show was recorded, broadcast and streamed over Radio KBBF 89.1 FM in the NorthBay on Monday 12/31/18 and repeat broadcast and streamed over Radio KPCA 103.3 FM in Petaluma on Wednesday 1/2/19.
The Recording of the show is archived at http://www.womensspaces.com/ArchiveWSKBBF/WSA181231.html
1. Adrienne Lauby, Volunteer, Homeless Action; Producer, Pushing Limits, Radio KPFA 94.1 FM
2. Laura Wells, 2018 Green Party Candidate for US Representative for California, Opposed but lost to Barbara Lee
3. Caitlin Quinn, Newly elected Member to the Petaluma School Board; Communications, Verity Rape Crisis Center
1. Adrienne Lauby shares her insights on the highs and lows of 2018 regarding the Homeless in Sonoma County, of which there as still some 1800 folks sleeping outside these freezing and sometimes wet winter nights. She gives her wish list for 2109 for Homeless Action on the part of the County Supervisors and City Councils.
About our Guest: Adrienne Lauby is a founding member of the local grassroots group, Homeless Action! She is also a producer and host of Pushing Limits, 94.1 FM Radio KPFA’s disability program, and works with the Racial Justice Allies of Sonoma County. Adrienne has received two local awards for her work on homeless issues and is known for her passion as well as her research and fact-based information.
Homeless Action! : https://www.facebook.com/Homeless-Action-379217005553363/
2. Laura Wells shares why she as a Green Party candidate ran against the popular progressive Democrat Barbara Lee for the US House of Representative seat for the Oakland area. The League for Women Voters made it possible for her to debate Barbara Lee in a forum and present the Green Party’s Green Deal in contrast to corporate funded Democrats. The Green Party does not accept any corporate funds for campaigning.
About our Guest: Laura Wells has been a candidate for California Governor and recently for the US House of Representatives. Laura is a proponent of Public Banks and the Green Party Green Deal.
Green Party: http://www.gp.org/
California Progressive Alliance (CPA) https://californiaprogressivealliance.org/
Founder Gayle McLaughlin
Notice: Founding Convention March 30-31, 2019 https://californiaprogressivealliance.org/2019-founding-convention/
DiEM25 – co-founder Yanis Varoufakis (Former Greek Minister, author, Adults in the Room: My Battle with the European and American Deep Establishment) https://diem25.org/
Progressive International https://www.progressive-international.org/open-call/
– co-founders Yanis Varoufakis of DiEM25 and Bernie Sanders of Sanders Institute
Reform Prop 13 in a 2020 ballot initiative – https://www.evolve-ca.org/
About our Guest: Caitlin Quinn was raised in Sonoma County and attended UC Berkeley, where she became involved in anti-sexual violence work and was one of 31 students who filed a Title IX complaint against the university in 2013. Caitlin handles all of Verity’s communications work while supporting the administrative side of things. Caitlin successfully campaigned for the November 2018 election to the Petaluma City School Board.
Guest Link: http://www.ourverity.org
www.ourverity.org/services/prevention to arrange for workshop
Verity Rape Crisis Hotline 100% Confidential: (707) 545-7723
January 2, 2019 Wenesday 6 to 8 PM, Unshackled – monthly racial discussion group. Arlene Francis Center, Santa Rosa, CA https://www.facebook.com/IamUnshackled/
January 19, 2019, Saturday, Women’s March in Santa Rosa, sponsored by the Sonoma County Peace and Justice Center and Leslie Graves. http://www.pjcsoco.org/
March 30-31, 2019, Founding Convention of the California Progressive Alliance (CPA) https://californiaprogressivealliance.org/2019-founding-convention/
The Opening and Closing Theme song is with permission of the Composer and Singer
Pale Moon by Becky Hobbs from the album Nanheyi – Beloved Woman of the Cherokee (2011 Becky Hobbs)
The House I Live In sung by Maxine Linehan from the Album An American Journey (Live) (2014 Feminist Recording Studio)
Quiet by MILCK from the album This is not the End (2018 Atlantic Recording Corporation for the United States and WEA International for the world outside the USA)